A parcel from Washington DC

BeFunky
A few weeks ago, the lovely Emily from Sew Many Happies wore for MMM12 a lovely dress which she said was her favourite: pockets, kimono sleeves and no zipper!  That sounds like my sort of dress, so I commented that I would have to hunt down this pattern.  A day or so later Emily emailed me to say that she had a spare and would I like it?  You bet!!  So today, just in time for some calm, non panic sewing post MMM12, it arrived in the mail along with a gorgeous Washington DC postcard.  THANK YOU Emily, I can't wait to get to the fabric shop to buy some fabric for it. I've had something in mind, so I hope it's still there! This package has also left me singing one of my favourite songs, Washington DC by the Magnetic Fields.  I would have put the Youtube video up but it was blocked by EMI for copyright reasons in Australia.  Boo!
Here are the lyrics if you know the song and want to sing along with me:
Washington DC (The Magnetic Fields)
W a-s-h i-n-g t-o-n, baby D.C.!
W a-s-h i-n-g t-o-n, baby D.C.!
Washington, D.C.
It's paradise to me
It's not because it is the grand old seat
Of precious freedom and democracy
No, no, no
It's not the greenery turning gold in fall
The scenery circling them all
It's just that's where my baby lives
That's all.
Washington D.C.!
It's the greatest place to be
It's not the cherries everywhere in bloom
It's not the way they put folks on the moon
No, no, no
It's not the spectacles and pagaent tree
The thousand things you've got to see
It's just that's where my baby waits for me
W a-s-h i-n-g t-o-n, baby D.C.!
W a-s-h i-n-g t-o-n, baby D.C.!
Washington, D.C.!
It fits me to a T
It's not the people doing something real
It's not the way the springtime makes you feel
No, no, no
It ain't no famous name on a golden plaque
That keeps me that makes me ride on railroad track
It's my baby's kiss that keeps me coming back
It's my baby's kiss that keeps me coming back 

No comments:

Post a Comment