FINISHED! A clockwork orange

Good Friday sewing! A quick top made from Liberty of London Picardie from the SS12 Central Saint Martins collection. This print was designed by Phil Kim and inspired by the film ,‘A Clockwork Orange.’ Kim describes the design as an “hallucination of unexpected combinations”. This is one of five designs selected from an annual collaboration with the BA Fashion/Textiles course at Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design.I love this fabric and Mum (after a gentle push in it's direction) gave it to me for Christmas 2011 from Addicted to Fabric a2f.com.au.  I used the pattern from my Nani Iro book and this time, made up a collar for it. I love the kimono sleeves they are so easy. I'm happy with it.  It's loose but comes in at the bottom.....  And here I am wearing it with my new Scervino Street jeans bought from theoutnet. Not sure these jeans - or this top for that matter - are the most flattering things I own - but they are both very comfortable and I do love the look of the jeans with my boots. 

No comments:

Post a Comment